Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: script locations

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf () bos bindview com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:34:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Alex Andrews wrote:

1) is it not possible in apache or other server to set parse any form
of page for php markup etc. Even .html or htm endings can be set to be
parsed. 2) if i create the following lines of perl: /.../ and save it
to a file named prog.al, and set apache and file permissions to the
correct level, it will run as a cgi-script.

Of course. The key to my question is one single word: "common". I am
looking for commonly used extensions, locations and so on. I am perfectly
aware that you can place scripts anywhere and use arbitrary extensions,
but there are some common practices, and I am trying to find and address
as many of them as possible :>

The purpose is to provide useful list of extensions and locations for
scripts to be used in black-box webserver scanning scripts or anywhere
else, and in few other applications, as well.

Thanks for feedback so far,
--
Michal Zalewski [lcamtuf () bos bindview com] [security]
[http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx] <=-=> bash$ :(){ :|:&};: