Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Antivirus scanner DoS with zip archives

From: Michel Arboi <arboi () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:51:37 +0200 (CEST)

--- Damage <dam.age () ntlworld com> a écrit :
Sophos eats CPU with large compressed files when
intercheck examines a file

I could not check today yet with other products (I was at a customer's
site and did not dare to bring their scanners down :)
However, I strongly suspect that those nasty archives could bring down
webmail services like Hotmail or Yahoo, as they perform automatic
scanning of attachments.

Let's hope that script kiddies do not read VULN-DEV!