Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

dip3.7.7p overflow still not patched on SuSE 7.0 ?

From: sebi hegi <hegenbart () aon at>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 01:11:03 +0200

Hi!
After doing a suid check on my SuSE linux 7.0 x86 i found something
interesting:

hegi@faust:~ > ls -la /usr/sbin/dip
-rwsr-xr--   1 root     dialout     62056 Jul 29  2000 /usr/sbin/dip

DIP: Dialup IP Protocol Driver version 3.3.7p-uri (25 Dec 96)
Written by Fred N. van Kempen, MicroWalt Corporation.

I considered this as a sort of old version and did some searching and found
something on insecure.org.