Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Tool released to scan for possible CodeRed infected servers

From: H D Moore <hdm () secureaustin com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:42:13 -0500

Here is a quick little perl script, it only checks one host at a time.

http://www.digitaloffense.net/ida_overflow.pl

If you want to check a network range, try the following:
# nmap -sS -p 80 -n -PS80 -oM - <ip range> | grep 80/open | awk '{print $2}' | xargs -i perl ida_overflow.pl -h {}

If you want to check a range of SSL servers:
# nmap -sS -p 443 -n -PS443 -oM - <ip range> | grep 443/open | awk '{print $2}' | xargs -i perl ida_overflow.pl -h {}
-s -p 443

-HD

P.S. This script uses libwhisker