Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: [unicode / iis4]

From: Marco van Berkum <m.v.berkum () obit nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:19:55 +0100

Tim H wrote:

Hi All,
A lot of these attacks assume that the web directory is on the same drive as
the system and that the system is in the winnt directory.  If neither if
these conditions are true, is this exploit still reasonable?

Thanks,
Tim

I have been reading this discussion for some while now...

I find it very hard to believe that some ppl still dont know how

to exploit this incredibly easy and very common bug.

Read my article regarding this bug on:

http://ws.obit.nl/nt.txt

grtz,

Marco van Berkum

--
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out,
and you hope you didn't leave something behind

Marco van Berkum, System Operator/Security Analyst OBIT b.v.
RIPEHANDLE: MB17300-RIPE