Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: WIN2K security bug with FTP. Bug allows any file to be deleted from the remote system.

From: Antti Hakulinen <thpo () DREAMTHEATER ZZN COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:05:29 +0200

Yees.
Indeed.
Ofcourse I know that i crashed my ftp.exe program, not the server.

The program to be used is got to be ms ftp.exe.
I tried this remotely from RedHat 6.0, i couldn't reproduce it.
Like i said before, it is a FTP.EXE "Feature" :).
My apologies if any misunderstanding happened.

Yes. The file therefore ofcourse is deleted by the ftp.exe not the server,
but it doesn't matter.
In any way, it is still high security risk.

I will test it remotely with win2k's FTP.EXE right away so we get to know
will it work.
I'm 99% sure that i can reproduce it remotely.
Will be mailing results soon.......

Regards: Antti....