Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ftp.exe buffer overflow ?

From: Lord Soth <hydrax () NETVISION NET IL>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 01:31:22 +0200

Sorry, but I get a 501 permission denied when I issue that.
I've connected to ServU 2.5 for the purpose, using ftp.exe
on Win98.

Eli

Riley Hassell wrote:

That problem was discussed a while ago with the unix/linux ftp clients. It's
very
interesting that Microsoft's ftp client has a similiar problem. ;)

Possibly a format bug.

--After reviewing it it looks like there is also a standard overflow.
'quote site exec <Ax1000>' overwrote the EIP =)