Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: sometimes IIS 4.0 don't write logs.

From: Pablo Aravena <p.aravena () bysecure com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:48:45 -0400

The problem looks like this:

        CMD /K [command]  Execute a command and "still active"
        CMD /C [command]  Execute a command and then finished.

        If you execute a cmd.exe?/k request this would be in active state
        until his finished this process instead of the cmd.exe?/c request
        that finishes the process inmediatly.  Because of this the IIS
that´s
        not log the process that has not come to an end.

Atentamente,
Pablo Aravena Martínez
Consultor de Seguridad
BYSECURE CSE S.A.
PGP FingerPrint: 4109 41C1 A295 75D8 F159  D542 96C5 5E6D 2B08 F28A
http://www.bysecure.com