Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: iptables 'syn but not new' packets

From: "Leonardo Rodrigues" <coelho () persogo com br>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:03:13 -0300

    Supposing this 'four seconds' connectivity problem, leading to a
timeout. On your example, A host FINs the connections. Afther that,
connectivity is OK again.

    I really dont see the problem here. As the connection was already
finished ( FIN ), it really seems unnecessary that firewall continues
accepting packets of that connection. In this situation ( timeout with
FIN ), connection would be really lost and should be redone.

    What do you think on that ?

    Sincerily,
    Leonardo Rodrigues