Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

The much popular t0rnkit.

From: Masial <masial () SECURED ORG>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 23:26:03 -0400

Hi list,

I was not done reading the CERT paper on tornkits that a friend calls me
about his linux box being rooted. I hop on his box and start to look around,
it pretty much looks like what I was just reading  on CERT. So i start
looking around for the t0rnkit and hope the attacker left the original here,
no luck. So i look on the net... Hey, CERT knows about it, should be on a
site somewhere. No luck.

So I tought i might ask the list for it. Does anyone have the t0rnkit? I am
also pretty amazed at the distribution model of such kits. Why is it that
most black hats have it via their usual channels (read, IRC) and the white
hats cant get it anywhere because everyone is so damn affraid of helping the
blackhats by posting it on the web (remember, they have it already).

Anyway, sorry about the rantish tone, it would really help me if someone had
it.

Thanks

M.