Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Voice over IP security - anyone?

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () KYX NET>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 22:29:23 -0700

On Thu, 05 Oct 2000, you wrote:
Securityfocus reported that "General Dynamic was unveiled a "Social
Network Analysis" toolkit capable of analyzing several forms of
information to include computer and telephone records.  This
information can then be correlated to show individual relations and
information flow."

At the Telecom95 trade show in Geneva, in the AT&T booth, they had a research
display/demo of a graphical call record analysis tool for 5ESS call records that
graphically diplayed clusters of phone numbers that talked to each other
so that it was possible to see groups of people (identified by phone numbers)
that talk to each other frequently.

I'm sure that work has probably advanced since that time.

cheers,
--dr

--
Dragos Ruiu <dr () dursec com>   dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
gpg/pgp key on file at wwwkeys.pgp.net