Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Kill the DOG and win 100 000 DM

From: "Sherrod, Andrew" <andrew.sherrod () TFN COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:38:14 -0500

HTTP 1.0 : http://sunsite.dk/RFC/rfc/rfc1945.html
HTTP 1.1 : http://sunsite.dk/RFC/rfc/rfc2616.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Fagg [mailto:scott.fagg () ARUP COM AU]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 11:11 PM
To: VULN-DEV () SECURITYFOCUS COM
Subject: Re: Kill the DOG and win 100 000 DM

I've only ever used HEAD and GET for testing...

GET /index.html HTTP/1.0
GET /index.html HTTP/1.1

HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.0
HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.0

or if it's a proxy you can try

GET http://slashdot.org/ HTTP/1.0

I'm not sure what the syntax for POST or PUT is.  Anyone one know the WEBDAV
commands?

There must be a list of these somewhere....

John Herron <john.herron () RRC STATE TX US> 8/11/00 12:37:07 am >>>
Sort of interesting thing I found last night.  Even though you can't ping
the machine and if I try to load the machines webpage it will take a few
minutes and usually fail (once and a while it will load) but if you telnet
to the machine (23, 25, 80) it will connect no problem (even on 80.. which
is what's strange).

Ironically enough a few days before I heard about this contest I was also
trying to find out what commands internet browsers use to load webpages.  I
didn't find that information unfortunatly, but am still curious if anyone
knows these commands (if you telnet to a machine:80 you connect, but all the
commands I've tried just result in a "501 Method Not Implemented" error.
Also odd that no matter what I put in their machines port 80 it wouldn't
ever talk back to me ::sniffle:: heh.  But does anyone have a list of those
commands to use on port 80?

Also, just curious, but how did (forgot name) check the relaying rules?

James Cox <james () IMAJES CO UK> 11/06/00 03:52PM >>>
i tried alot , but the connection always failed. even telnetting to port
80
didnt work. i have 2 (legal) shells very very close to the system, so i
think you have to catch a lucky moment to get the / page. <joke> i could
mirror the site if anyone send me an apropriate .tgz hehe </joke>

It seems as if the box is pretty ok right now. I have seen the two pages
hosted there - no more info than hacking-contest.com...

port 25 and 23 ( try root/toor maybe it works haha ) work like a charm.
Hmm, I am not sure if I see what I should:

SunOS 5.7

login: nobody
Password: (nobody)
Login incorrect

login: root
Password: (toor)
Login incorrect

I can keep going like this - it doesn't kick me off :)

only thing i could do was checking their relaying rules (relaying denied)
and looking for some user accs:

550 www... User unknown
250 nobody... Recipient ok
250 root... Recipient ok
550 ftp... User unknown
250 nobody4... Recipient ok
250 uucp... Recipient ok
[...]
550 admin... User unknown
550 administrator... User unknown
550 gast... User unknown
550 guest... User unknown
550 toor... User unknown
550 argus... User unknown
550 argusadmin... User unknown
[...]
550 bla... User unknown
550 blabla... User unknown

I wonder if there is anymore info from that..

so i just sit and wait for some login info ...

Yup, don't we all. :)

James Cox
re.vulns () imajes co uk