Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

FW: Netscape 6 Themes Crash Win2K?

From: "Dunker, Noah" <NDunker () FISHNETSECURITY COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:45:14 -0600

I don't have any other machines to try this on, but Netscape 6's themes at
first
won't even load up.  They would download and the new themes would not show
up in the view menu. After a reboot, I can download the new themes with
netscape, and again, it downloads the new theme, but after that,  I get a
nice
BSOD when it tries (unsucessfully) to install it.  I'm using Win2K
Server, but I have some bizarre stuff installed (like CheckPoint Secure
Remote,
and tons of other evil things that could conflict with Netscape 6).  I
didn't want
to relay this direct to Netscape because of this fact.  Does anyone else
have
Netscape 6 and a vanilla Win2k box to verify this?  If not, I'll go ahead
and report it.

Noah Dunker
FishNet Security
Ph: 816.421.6611
http://www.fishnetsecurity.com

"1998 Check Point Excellence Award Winners"
"1999 Check Point Fastest Central Region Revenue Growth Award Winners"
"1999 CRN Top 25 Computer Executives"
"2000 Top 10 Kansas City Small Business"

"Some Companies have Network Security Divisions,
 FishNet is a Network Security Company.
 Who should you trust with your Network Security ?"

The information transmitted in this e-mail is intended only for the
addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any interception, review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use
of, or taking of any action upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited by law and may subject
them to criminal or civil liability. If you received this communication
in error, please contact us immediately at 816.421.6611, and delete
the communication from any computer or network system.