Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: (MSIE dr. watson error)

From: John Herron <john.herron () RRC STATE TX US>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:17:19 -0600

using:
5.00.2314.1003IC
4.00.1381 (service pack 5)

I tried this as well (with anywhere from 100+ to 500+) $'s and had no problem.
It seems that IE cuts the string off at a certain point (which I won't count)
and results in the average error .. well.. on my FreeBSD webserver it just
says I don't have access to "$$$$$....$$$$" (100+ probably) even though
I put more than 100 in the string.  If I do it just to 127.0.0.1 I just get the
average DNS error.

I agree with Vladimir.  If you post the exact string you used, and possibly
the webserver version/product you tested it on more people can try.