Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ILY virus

From: sarnold () WILLAMETTE EDU (Seth R Arnold)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 13:49:10 -0700

* illu5i0n () HUSHMAIL COM <illu5i0n () HUSHMAIL COM> [000504 13:42]:
I got it.  It is nasty.  You have to reinstall window and all apps to clean
it up.  It trashes mp2, mp3, jpg, and all windows scripts.  It can be recognized
by looking for the string "Khaled Mardam-Bey" in the data stream going into
your mail server.

illu5i0n, I want to ensure that people recognize that Khaled Mardam-Bey
is the author of mIRC, and not of the virus (of course, I am guessing he
isn't the author of the virus.. iirc, someone else has put their own
name in the thing). mIRC is used only as a transport mechanism for the
virus.

--
Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
'Netscape engineers are weenies!' -- Microsoft