Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: How to Write Secure Code

From: joshj () BEST COM (Josh Jaffe)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:35:11 -0800

At 10:45 AM 3/10/00 , Adam.Levine () BANKOFAMERICA COM wrote:
In addition to standards for writing secure code, I would be very
interested in
hearing about any tools that can be used to audit compliance with these
standards.  If you were going to audit an application where these
standards did
not exist, what would you use to sift through millions of lines of code to
identify exposures?

Thanks ... Adam

The best tool I know of for this sort of thing is a program called 'Discover'
by Software Emancipation Technology (www.setech.com).

I've used this tool on multi-million line projects, and it kicks ass.

-- Josh