Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Red Hat 6.2's ftp segmentation fault

From: sebastion () IRELANDMAIL COM (Jeff Bachtel)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:41:41 -0500

Mind you, I don't think I'd run wu-ftpd again (I had high hopes for
the 2.6 series, too *sigh*), but you just recommended a closed source
ftp daemon (ncftpd) and one that almost won the bugtraq record for
most exploits posted in a week.

I'd suggest ftp-BSD, its the port of OpenBSD's ftpd to linux.

jeff