Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Default passwords using Cisco ConfigMaker

From: aidan.okelly () OCEANFREE NET (Aidan O'Kelly)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:31:22 +0100

Nope, it happened to me when I configured the router over the network.
In my case it was a Cisco 803.
maybe it was the other way around, i was configuring one router via the
console port and one over the network. one ended up with cmaker for initial
and enable passwords. Although I know it doesnt *always* happen. But it can,
so it might be worth putting in the list. Maybe if you read the
configuration from the router first. I didnt do it that way, as the
configuration was kinda messed up.