Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Fix for MS Outlook Vulnerability - shortcut?

From: charl () WIPS SENSEPOST COM (Charl van der Walt)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 16:53:03 +0200

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether the inetcomm.dll probolem can be fixed simply by replacing the DLL. If so, why has Microsoft
not made the files available individually, instead of as part of complete version upgrade.

If the problem can be addressed by replacing the DLL, would anyone be interested in helping to compile a list of the
DLLs for the various MS flavours (95, 98, NT & 2000), or is the same DLL always used?

Thanks and Regards

Charl

charl van der walt              +27 83 454 4203         SensePost (Pty) Ltd

PS We have something of a bandwidth restriction here in the 3rd world so if the hole can be plugged without having to
download MEGS of data from the USA that would be nice :)