Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Denials of Service Attacks

From: intrusion () ENGINEER COM (J. Oquendo)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 01:47:19 -0400

For those interested in networking Denial of Service attacks whether its to refresh your knowledge or perhaps learn
about different types of attacks (some theorized) please stop by and read Theories in DoS.
(http://www.antioffline.com/TID/)

This is a document in which I have spent some down time detailing different types of Denials of Service attacks, how
some may be constructed, and how some may be stopped. I have also included sample source code (some broken to deter
script kiddies) in hopes I could gather enough data to prevent Denials of Service on my own network as well as assist
others in assessing their own networks. BGP4, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, IGRP, IS-IS, ICMP are covered and or under construction.

I am very well aware of the implications some may take by thinking of documents such as this and there were some codes
and sample packet data which I removed and edited in order to prevent some irrated netizen from causing chaos on a
network. I do not intend any malice with the document.

Currently I am studying for the CCIE since the CCNA is being changed this year and hopefully I can attain it (CCIE) in
about 1 1/2 years or so (who knows) besides I work too long as it is and study time is limited (hey!$! I'm married ya
know)

Any input or criticism is appreciated provided no spam or simple messages such as a thanks or f*ck off is sent since I
receive enough e-mail as is but as stated and worthwhile comment is appreciated. Apologies for anyone offended by this
e-mail, and if it seems off topic.

Theories in DoS
http://www.antioffline.com/TID/

Yours truly,