Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

cross site exploits

From: vijay verma <vjkv () theglobe com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:35:42 -0800

Hello all,

Anyone know of a way to detect possible exploit by the cross site exploit ?

I'm a bit unclear on the exploit and how it works, meaning I can't decide how to determine if I have been vulnerable or
how I can determine if I have been "attacked".  I would like to set up monitoring but that is not possible without
"real facts" about this exploit.  Could it be as "easy" as looking for the <script> tag?

Vijay

theglobe.com
  Your friendly full-service integrated online community.
  http://www.theglobe.com