Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: The NSA's Security-Enhanced Linux

From: Neal Dias <NDias () SUNGLASSHUT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:17:35 -0500

On 12/29/2000 Scott D. Yelich wrote:
I have a couple of spare PCs sitting 'round.  How 'bout I put up a copy
of this on nsa.spy.org and give people free run of the system?  *grin*

Sure, why not =]

:-)

Scott
ps: it's good to see a "real" discussion on a mailing list and not
a lot of name-calling and fluff.

Agreed. Actually the way it started out I thought it might end up that way.
Glad to see it didn't. BTW, I would mention however that I did receive a
couple anti-linux emails privately that weren't so fluff free. One
specifically from someone I'll leave unnamed was also cc:'d to the list,
and tho short and sweet, apparently the moderator decided the statement
"f&$# linux" didn't really add anything to the discussion. =]

pps: I have an 8 processor sparc I've been meaning to open up with
Pitbull.  These could be nice playgrounds.

All work and no play makes us dull admins. ;)

Neal Dias

UNIX Systems Administrator
Sunglass Hut International, MIS Dept.
office: (305) 648-6479
mobile: (786) 368-5742
wk. email: NDias () sunglasshut com
pvt. email: emperor.1 () netzero net

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not
become a monster. And when you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks
into you. -Nietzsche

Any opinions expressed above or below are entirely my own and may not
reflect those of my employers.

The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential, intended
only for the receipt and use of the individual(s) or entity(s) named above.
If the reader of this email message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for its delivery to the intended and or
addressed recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
prohibited except at the express consent of its author.