Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: source code extracting

From: "Mark D. Goldman" <bitshftr () ADENINE FROGNET NET>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 14:16:15 -0500

The vuln in IIS is due to example scripts... depending on your webserver choice in linux and also 3rd party packages
this may or may not be an issue... the vuln is not in the operating system (linux Win etc) per c'est.  The problem lies
in default instalation of certan scripts... as for which webserver/cgi utility packages have that sort of problem, that
depends.  I have no knowledge when it comes to that.  If anyone is aware of problems with default scripts in webservers
etc.  I'm sure the list would like to hear about it.

 -The BitShifter

ps To my knowledge the Apache web server does not come with any default scripts.