Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

New book

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:02:01 -0700

Howdy.

A bunch of us have written a new book, covering techniques for finding and
exploiting security holes.  I wrote a number of chapters, and managed the
overall project.  We've got chapters written by Greg Hoglund, Elias Levy,
Stace Cunningham, Rain Forest Puppy, Oliver Friedrichs, Jeremy Rauch, and
Dan Kaminsky. There are also contribution from Georgi Guninski, Blue Boar,
and Caezar.  Mudge did the forward.  Kevin Poulsen and Kevin Mitnick
contributed some quotes for the cover.  Mike Schiffman provided technical
assistance to the project.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1928994156/securityfocus.com/

For more details (and a sample chapter) see:
http://www.syngress.com/book_catalog/95_hack/book_catalog_95_hack.htm

When I get a sec, the book website will have information at:
http://internettradecraft.com/

I thought this particular book might be of interest to the readers of
these two lists.  One of the goals of the project was to help increase the
number of people who can research holes, and report them on the
appropriate lists.  (I'm also hoping that I will get away with the plug
since both list moderators contributed to the book :) )

This book is all about full-disclosure.  Feel free to flame me via e-mail
if you like.  I doubt either moderator will permit another full-disclosure
discussion on-list.

                                        Ryan

P.S. Thanks to all the Black Hat and Defcon attendees for the positive
feedback regarding the book at those conferences.