Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ws_ftp pro 6.51 exposes internal IP addresses

From: Crawling KingSnake <kingsnake () MINISTER COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 12:20:28 -0400

apologies.  after rereading my last post I feel that it came off as a flame.
I did not intend it to be inciteful.  I just was trying to make 3 points
(poorly).

1. There is a difference between the "bounce attack" passive setting on the
server and the PASV setting on the client.

2. That this is a ws_ftp client issue since it is the only client that
exhibits this odd behavior.

productive to this group. The post I responded to could have been a bit more
informative if specifics were addressed such as the server settings
referenced or the fact that the respondant had actually tried the scenario
and found it to replicate or not.

Sorry,

Crawling King Snake

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com