Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: AMD Sledgehammer and ascii-only shellcode

From: Gerardo Richarte <core.lists.exploit-dev () CORE-SDI COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:50:59 -0300

Holger van Koll wrote:
AFAIK it´s still considered impossible to code shellcode using only
ascii-data as commands like jmp, call are not within this range.

        Considered impossible?

        I remember a uudecode whos binary form looked like a uuencoded
program itself (read it: a uudecode program of only ascii characters,
and in columns of the same size).
        It was a .COM program for DOS, I've been looking for it the
last months but couldn't find it, however me (and my friends here)
remember it perfectly.
        So... attaching this uudecode to any uuencoded shellcode you'll
get a only-ascii-perfeclty-columned shellcode... :)

        Does anybody has it?

        richie

--
A390 1BBA 2C58 D679 5A71 - 86F9 404F 4B53 3944 C2D0
Investigacion y Desarrollo - CoreLabs - Core SDI

--- For a personal reply use gera () core-sdi com