Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: snort crash ...

From: Fyodor <fygrave () SCORPIONS NET>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:12:46 -0400

corruption problem.  The important thing to check on this crash is
whether the defragmention preprocessor was enabled, (if so then likely
this problem has been fixed, in the latest beta 14 of the defragger).
If not there is a known issue with some icmp/igmp handling ... some

We don't handle igmp nor anything else except for udp, tcp and icmp in any
kind of specific way. The problem which has been spotted `sits' in
defragmentation preprocessor which is still beta anyway :).

Marty  has fixed some issues  with icmp handling as well and these have
been integrated into version 1.6.3. I am currently trying to integrate
those fixes into current version as well, and it should show up in cvs
tree as soon as I am done.

I've been told by Fabio that he is still having snort crashing after
upgrading spp_defrag.c to the lattest release, but I never managed to
repeat the problem myslef (tested on FeeBSD 4.x and R.H. linux 6.x). If
anyone manages to get it crashed, coredump files would be appreciated
mucho ;-) (please also include platform specific information and make sure
you test it with the lattest stable release).

Any questions and comments are welcome to be mailed to
snort-users () lists sourceforge net :-)

cheers,
 -F