Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: your mail

From: El Nahual <nahual () S0D SAL ITESM MX>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:26:30 -0800

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Bruce Dang wrote:

Paul,

I have seen this "bug" in IIS 4.0 before.  I think a friend of mine
exploited it a few months ago.  It has something to do with the NULL.HTW
file, it will reveal the passwords from the file (parsed on the server side
of course).  I never bothered to report it to MS sekurity cuz of laziness
:>.  I guess they will look into it now :<.  Thanks for bringing it up.

Cheers,

Bruce

One thing tht was never stressed enough about null.htw is that was
reported to be able to see .asp and .css files, well .asa files can also
be seen, so there is how sql login/names are taken, I can't stress enough
this to all the customers we have.

Having your global.asa file seen is not very cool if you use databases ;P

just my 2 cents ...

Enrique Sanchez
Security Consultant
http://www.s0d.org