Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Netscape mail client error]

From: fygrave () EPR0 ORG (CyberPsychotic)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:53:59 +0500

~:Well, I assert that mail with a year of 9999 or 0000 is "valid" by your
~:definition, and yet that's likely to cause trouble with at least a couple
~:of mail clients.  Strict RFC compliance is a good place to start, but may
~:not be completely sufficient.
~:

 Speaking on the same note, anyone noticed that certain mailheaders
(haven't figured out which ones, but once I hit this again, I probably
won't be too lazy to examine) cause M$ outlook shipped with office 97 to
crash with `Message is too big. Can not allocate memory'? I heard several
people complained to me about such thing. Looks like it's got something to
do with mime headers parsing..(personally don't mingle with M$ breeds, so
I'd have to wait till another customer applies with such problem).