Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: development of wordpad exploit (Links)

From: lwcashd () BIW COM (Larry W. Cashdollar)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:05:55 -0500

Here is a list of resources to get an idea of buffer overflows and how they work. This is a starter for those of you
who are new or foggy. Everyone else can ignore it or read them if your bored. The first one is for windows, the rest
are for linux/unix but still applicable to this concept.

Windows
--------
http://www.cultdeadcow.com/cDc_files/cDc-351/

Linux/Unix
--------
I apologize for the mirror off my personal site but I reference these
documents so much its only natural.  All credit goes to the authors.

http://vapid.dhs.org/Library/P49-14-Aleph-One
http://vapid.dhs.org/Library/buffer.txt
http://vapid.dhs.org/Library/bufferov.html
http://vapid.dhs.org/Library/nate-buffer.ps