Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ssh-1.2.27 remote buffer overflow - exploitable

From: markus.friedl () INFORMATIK UNI-ERLANGEN DE (Markus Friedl)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:44:54 +0100

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 11:04:19AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 01:48:53AM -0000, Frank wrote:
This is submitted to the Freebsd bug tracking system, although there
are doubtless other vendors who leave this package, despite the
existence of the ssh-2.X.  While Debian appears to be immune, I was
able to crash my ssh daemon (much to my dismay), and there appears
the potential to execute arbitrary code, as long as you encrypt it
first...

Debian is immune for the (somewhat messy) reasons that they do not link
ssh to rsaref, last time that I checked.

note that OpenSSH is immune, too.
it does _not_ use rsaglue.c for rsaref.

-markus