tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request for Information: libpcap

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 12:42:56 -0400

Zhang, Cynthia X. (GSFC-710.0)[KPMG LLP] <cynthia.x.zhang () nasa gov> wrote:
    > Hello, my name is Cynthia Zhang and I am a Supply Chain Risk Management
    > Analyst at NASA. NASA is currently conducting a supply chain assessment
    > of libpcap. We are interested in confirming the following information:

    > 1.  Is there an organization which sponsors/publishes the project, or a
    > primary developer who audits the code for potential vulnerabilities,
    > errors, or malicious code? Y/N

There is no legal organization that sponsors/publishes the project.
There is an informal group, TheTcpdumpGroup, which has a variety of people
involved such that it should survive loss of two, even three people.

    > 2.  We have identified contributors in the United States, New Zealand,
    > Yemen, China, Canada, Norway, Argentina, the Czech Republic, Germany,
    > France, Israel, Italy, Russia, Poland, Taiwan, Hungary, Austria,
    > Sweden, and Portugal
    > *   If possible, could you please confirm this information?

No, I could not confirm this information.
We do not ask people for their national identities; we rely upon the merit of
their contribution.
I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful.