tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Selectively suppressing CI on some sites for a commit?

From: Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 23:00:09 +0000

--- Begin Message --- From: Denis Ovsienko <denis () ovsienko info>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 23:00:09 +0000
On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 14:11:54 -0800
Guy Harris via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
wrote:

I've just updated the libpcap .appveyor.yml to get Npcap from
npcap.com (the Npcap site has been moved there); I added [skip
cirrus] to skip Cirrus CI for that change, and it appears to work.

That's nice to know.  Either this is a relatively recent skip pattern in
Cirrus CI, or I didn't notice it before (see my message to the list
from 21 August 2020).  Do you think https://www.tcpdump.org/ci.html
should document [skip cirrus] and [skip appveyor]?

Are there other comments to add to suppress OpenCSW CI and to
suppress the other CI sites that have been set up?  The only one I
want *not* suppressed is AppVeyor.

Not immediately, or not at all.  However, there are only two Buildbot
places where all skip patterns are processed (or not).

ci.tcpdump.org recognizes [skip ci] because that's the default
behaviour in that version of Buildbot.  Following the documentation,
several months and Buildbot versions ago I tried adding [skip buildbot]
to the list of skip patterns, but for some reason it had no effect
(could be a user error or a bug). Would it help to try again?

I am not familiar with OpenCSW Buildbot setup, but from the build
history it is obvious it disregards [skip ci], so it looks likely it
would disregard [skip buildbot] too.

--
    Denis Ovsienko

--- End Message ---