tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [tcpdump] Keep win32/prj/WinDump.dsp ?

From: Guy Harris via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 12:50:22 -0700

--- Begin Message --- From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 12:50:22 -0700
On Jun 8, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Francois-Xavier Le Bail <devel.fx.lebail () orange fr> wrote:

Thus all the files in win32/prj/ could be removed?
(WinDump.dsp  WinDump.dsw  WinDump.sln  WinDump.vcproj)

I have no problem removing them and requiring Windows users to ue CMake, especially given that newer versions of Visual
Studio has CMake as an installable component.

If nobody else has said "no, I need them!" - and volunteered to take responsibility for maintaining them! - I'd say we
should get rid of them, as we're not maintaining them.  (CMake files 1) can handle multiple versions of Visual Studio
and 2) are intended to be maintainable by people using a text editor rather than generated by a big IDE that runs
primarily, if not exclusively, on Windows.)

--- End Message ---