tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Linktype allocation for ATSC link layer protocol

From: Guy Harris via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 02:21:39 -0400 (EDT)

--- Begin Message --- From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 23:22:45 -0700
On Mar 20, 2020, at 11:14 PM, Nick Kelsey <nickk () silicondust com> wrote:

I figure there will be interest in this protocol as we start to see ATSC 3.0 test broadcasts. Our ATSC 3.0 hardware
can output pcap data over HTTP in real time so ALP can be captured to file with a simple curl/wget command.

An additional possibility might be to implement the rpcap protocol, but I should probably get around to documenting
that protocol before I ask you to do that. :-)

--- End Message ---