tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Legacy Linux kernel support

From: Mario Rugiero via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 14:24:48 -0400 (EDT)

--- Begin Message --- From: Mario Rugiero <mrugiero () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:25:38 -0300
El mar., 10 mar. 2020 15:07, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf () sandelman ca>
escribió:

Mario Rugiero <mrugiero () gmail com> wrote:
    >> I am trying to process many pull requests for libpcap and tcpdump,
get some
    >> things closed.  I don't think that there is a pull request from you
yet.
    >> Am I wrong?

    > Some related PRs got merged already. My Github user may be
misleading,
    > but I'm Oppen.

Aha!

    > I think those cover most of the least controversial aspects of this
thread.
    > I may try to cover more of them later.

    >> Are you still up for this work?
    >>
    > Yes, I'd be glad to keep working on this.

okay, I was looking through the pcap-linux.c on master, and I was
like... OMG... gotta make this better.

Do you happen to know if the 3.19 fixes are back ported in RHEL7 to their
3.10 kernel stream?

I can't check, but I don't think so.

   Or rather, should I expect TPACKET_v3 to work correctly
on RHEL7?

Same. We still have TPACKET_V2 for both immediate mode and older kernels,
tho.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF () sandelman ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

--- End Message ---