tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Link-layer header type for unix domain sockets (UDS)

From: František Kučera <konference () frantovo cz>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 22:54:39 +0100

Dne 24. 03. 19 v 22:50 František Kučera napsal(a):
Dne 24. 03. 19 v 13:59 Michael Richardson napsal(a):
I don't see a problem with making up the metadata.

Yes, it works. I attached a screenshot of my current proof-of-concept. I can filter by the socket path, see the metadata in a structured way and it also decodes the data format (DER in this case). But it is an ugly hack with lot of unused or misused fields and layers (IP, UDP, port numbers, HTTP headers...). I would like to have a proper and clean solution.
The attachment: <https://vps.frantovo.cz/temp/uds-wireshark-dirty-hack.png> (just for illustration)