tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: corrupted frame on kernel ring mac offset

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 16:33:43 -0700

On Jul 24, 2018, at 9:05 AM, Joseph Freemaker <joseph_freemaker () yahoo com> wrote:

Running Centos 7.3.1611 and libpcap 1.8.1.
Received the error message: corrupted frame on kernel ring mac offset 21061 + caplen 1414873360 > frame len 262144
Is there a fix or suggested work around for this issue?

There isn't even a *known cause* for this, so, no, there's no fix or suggested workaround.

If you can reproduce it, we might send you source to a version of libpcap with some debugging code, to see if we can
figure out why it's happening.