tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: 4 small patches to libpcap

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 11:09:03 -0700

On Mar 26, 2018, at 4:40 AM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de> wrote:

attache are four tiny patches to current git head of libpcap:

0001-Fix-warning-from-Wshadow.patch

I need to stare at the code some more to figure out *why* it has an on-the-stack copy of sockmain.

0002-Fix-warnnigs-from-Wdocumentation.patch
0003-Allow-.devel-file-to-be-in-the-build-directory-in-ad.patch

Checked in.

0004-Add-Wdocumentation-to-development-warnings.patch

Patch 4 is kind of "unclean" as it still generates warnings in the generated file
scanner.c on my system (current macos with current xcode).

Is that due to problems with what's in scanner.l or due to problems in the code that Flex generates?

If it's the latter, add "diagnostic ignored "-Wdiagnostic"" items to DIAG_OFF_FLEX for the compilers that support it.