tcpdump mailing list archives

Request for link-layer header type (XRA)

From: Bruno Verstuyft <bruno.verstuyft () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:06:23 +0200

Hi,

at Excentis we are developing a DOCSIS 3.1 RF sniffer (XRA-31). Packets are
saved in pcap format with an XRA header. This is a pseudo header that
contains extra information on the sniffed DOCSIS packets, e.g. the MER
(modulation error rate), SID on which the packets was sniffed, ...

Is it possible to obtain a link-layer header type for this pseudo-header?

Code to dissect this header is already developed, and will be committed to
wireshark when the link layer header type is obtained.

Note: it is possible this request was already received from my other e-mail
address (I got a bounce message back saying the sender failed the fraud
detection tests).

Thanks in advance,

-----

Bruno Verstuyft