tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [the-tcpdump-group/libpcap] [RFC] RDMA sniffing support for pcap (#585)

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 16:17:22 -0400

Roland Dreier <notifications () github com> wrote:
    > The Travis CI automated builds show that my changes don't regress -
    > but because the Linux build environments are old (Ubuntu 12.04
    > includes libibverbs 1.1.5), the configure script does not enable my
    > new module, and so the C code isn't compiled.

Yes, it's a bit of a pain in the ass.

Supposedly,  travis is working on updates to 14.x or 16.x, but last time I
looked it wasn't done.  They also used to make EC2/etc. VMs configured
identically to theirs in which one could debug on, but that isn't the case
anymore.

If your dependancies are available as dpkg, you could attempt to add them to
the packages; if not then you could configure them with a build script.
See what I do here, where I want the latest libpcap in unstrung:

https://github.com/mcr/unstrung/blob/master/.travis.yml
https://github.com/mcr/unstrung/blob/master/build-setup-travis.sh

I build things, and then ask Travis to cache them.

--
]     mcr () sandelman ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [