tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: WinDump fails to compile on latest libpcap

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 19:46:13 +0800

Hi list,

I can compile WinDump successfully on MSVC 2013 with Npcap SDK now. Here's
what I have done.

1) put WinPcap's netdb.h and paths.h into the "net" subfolder of libpcap.
Since libpcap has already excluded the "net" folder in the .gitignore. This
doesn't require a commit.

2) I found the definitions of bittypes.h are nearly the same
in pcap-stdinc.h. So I just replaced the bittypes.h including to
"pcap-stdinc.h", which is already a part of Npcap SDK.

3) Removed all "eproto_db" stuff.

4) Then I fixed some "inline" errors, some wrong output folders.

The entire commits are here:
https://github.com/hsluoyz/WinDump/commits/master

I don't know if the steps are reasonable. Maybe libpcap can add the "net"
folder to the repo?

Cheers,
Yang