tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Adding loopback adapter detection for Windows

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem () yahoo no>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 19:42:23 +0100

Yang Luo wrote:

But the trunk code of libpcap is lower-case,
see https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt

I don't know how Cmake translates a ${PROJECT_NAME} into '-DBUILDING_pcap'.
(and I don't really care to learn the contorted mess called Cmake).

And in fact, I used a tool called DLL Export Viewer (also used Depends.exe) and saw exported functions in my built
wpcap.dll. So the functions seem to have be successfully exported?

Okay, but what does dumpcap.exe need in order for 'has_wpcap' to be TRUE?
In other words, how was dumpcap configured and compiled? Maybe it was built
with some 'HAVE_PCAP_xx' and your wpcap.dll doesn't export those?
But does other WinPcap examples work okay?

What do you mean by implicit?

Just that Cmake's generators have "Win32" default in some of it's generator
names. From 'cmake -h':
  The following generators are available on this platform:
    Visual Studio 14 2015 [arch] = Generates Visual Studio 2015 project files.
                                   Optional [arch] can be "Win64" or "ARM".

So you want Cmake to generate .sln/.vcxproj files capable of both "Win32"
and "Win64" targets? It is probably possible.

--
--gv