tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: request for a DLT for ISO14443

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 11:11:46 -0800

On Nov 9, 2015, at 12:29 PM, Martin Kaiser <lists () kaiser cx> wrote:

I would like to request a DLT for ISO14443.

ISO14443 is a set of standards defining the communication protocols
between a contactless smartcard and a card reader. There are some
commercially available log tools for capturing such traffic.

I've assigned 264 for LINKTYPE_ISO_14443/DLT_ISO_14443.

I created a webpage at

http://www.kaiser.cx/pcap-iso14443.html

that describes the data following the pcap header.

You might want to update it to indicate that this can appear in both pcap and pcapng files, and perhaps just say that
the packet time stamp must be seconds and fractions of a second since January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 UTC (not committing to
it having microsecond resolution or to the time stamp having separate second and fraction-of-a-second fields; both pcap
and pcapng can support, for example, nanosecond resolution, and pcapng time stamps are 64-bit fractions-of-a-second
counts).

You might also want to do the same for your DVB-CI page at http://www.kaiser.cx/pcap-dvbci.html.

This page can be
linked from http://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes.html.

It should show up on the tcpdump.org website within 24 hours, I think.