tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: pcapng save files

From: Vincent Lubet <vlubet () apple com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 16:56:34 -0700

On Jul 20, 2014, at 6:12 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca> wrote:

In addition we've added some non-standard packet metadata that tell us
why process is responsible for what traffic.

The stuff we added is not necessarily portable and I open to requests
to make the code so available on other platforms.

I think it is worth discussing; if the code can be available under BSD
2-clause license.

I'm going to check how we (Apple) can do that.

If we can't get the code, then perhaps at least the packet metadata
information could be documented;  perhaps there is good reason for an IETF
specification.  Are you on the pcap-ng list?

Yes, I'm on the pcap-ng list and will send there the description of our custom packet metadata information.

Vincent