tcpdump mailing list archives

GitHub-Travis-Coverity integration

From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail <fx.lebail () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I submit regularly Coverity build (manually).

I am working on GitHub-Travis-Coverity integration.

The idea is to have a branch say 'coverity_scan' and push commit(s) to it to trigger analysis.

The standard Travis-Coverity process has a limit:
It run as many build analysis than matrix cases (gcc, clang) x (with IPv6, without IPv6).
Thus we shall reach very quickly the limit of seven builds by week.

The usual workaround is to have a modified .travis.yml in the 'coverity_scan' branch.

This solution does not seem to me very functional.

Another workaround is to patch the standard Coverity build script with a new 'running condition', so we can run
Coverity only if e.g. '"$CC" = gcc -a "$BUILD_IPV6" = true'.

I tested such a patch and the necessary update to .travis.yml.

I propose to commit:
1) the original script + the patch
2) the patched .travis.yml

For testing reasons, two steps are needed.

Thanks