tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: uint_XX_t, u_int_XX_t and NFLOG test case

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:24:01 -0700

On Apr 23, 2014, at 3:46 AM, Denis Ovsienko <infrastation () yandex ru> wrote:

Updating these headers to use uint_XX_t instead of u_intXX_t fixes respective detection and the NFLOG test case in
particular but it seems tcpdump should tolerate the u_intXX_t types from libpcap for indefinitely longer time as
there are many old libpcap installations around. Other opinions are welcome.

I made the change because a 64-bit build on Solaris 8 had to define u_int64_t but defined it as "unsigned long long
int", which collided with the "%l[doux]" that was used as the print format.

Probably the right thing to do here is to define u_intXX_t as uintXX_t, for XX = 8, 16, 32, 64, so we're using the new
configure tests to appropriately define them.