tcpdump mailing list archives

Can libpcap affect speed of packets sending/recieving?

From: Sergey Gomanyuk <Sergey.Gomanyuk () amdocs com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 16:50:06 +0000

Hi,

I wonder if libpcap can somehow affect speed of processing packets by TCP/IP stack?

I noticed that such behavior can happen in particular Linux environments  with high traffic load - without capturing
all is Ok, with capturing (especially on "any" interface) it seems that packets stuck in TCP/IP stack (sometimes
application that generates traffic receives a huge amount of EAGAIN error).

Thanks,

Sergey Gomanyuk

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy
statement,