tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Small patch to support pcap_setdirection - change option from -P to -Q?

From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation () yandex ru>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:39:16 +0400

[...]

        I'd like not to have Apple's tcpdump not have to differ from the standard in that regard.

Unfortunately, there aren't many options left; we really need to switch to getopt_long() (and provide our own version
for platforms that don't support it - the main one is Windows for WinDump, and we have to supply our own getopt() for
it already; most UN*Xes support it by now).

An immediate (and quite common) solution could be managing this particular knob by means of a long option like --setdir
with no single-letter synonym. Once someone resolves the getopt_long() problem it will be possible to refine things
further.

[...]

--
    Denis Ovsienko